Sunday, April 17, 2011

God Opens a Window. LITERALLY.

Cute, true story that just happened:

I am dog-sitting this week for some family friends. Here is the adorable pooch (because come on, how can I not take advantage of the opportunity to gratuitously post cute puppy pics?)



It's a beautiful day outside, yet muddy because of all of yesterdays rain. Dog Riley and I head outside onto the back porch to enjoy the sunshine, and I close the door behind me so the dog doesn't go straight back into the house while he's still muddy.

I close the door behind me.. and yup. Door. Locked. (CRAP!!)

Everything is inside, minus the dog and my textbook. The keys to the house, the keys to my car. What will I do??

I look around, and right next to the door is the window I had opened a couple of hours earlier, to let some of the beautiful weather inside. I nervously approach the window and it's screen.. give the screen frame a little test... it slides right up!!! I gratefully scramble through the open window and unlock the deck door that had locked behind me.

WOW. I never thought I'd literally get to live through the cliche, "When God closes a door, he always opens a window."

This will have me thinking the rest of the day.. what opportunities has God closed for me, while leaving other options open?

No comments:

Post a Comment